Here at Prince of Peace we offer Three different
Faith Formation programs!
One Family Faith Formation at the Basilica:
Time: 12:30pm to 2pm—weekly
This is for families with children Kindergarden to Grade 5. This family based program runs weekly.
There are three half-hour movements that consist of family gathering and instruction on Saints, Catholic Devotions and Music followed by a break out session by age using the Ignatius Press “Faith and Life” series. The afternoon ends with a family reinforcement activity on that weeks general lesson.
Two Traditional Classroom Programs at Holy Family:
From September to May, we offer a traditional classroom program for children ages 4 to grade 5 at Holy Family Church Hall, 607 Sabattus Street, Lewiston. In addition to weekly class we also have family events to help us learn about different events in the Liturgical Calander!
There are two timeslots available:
- Sunday mornings from 9:30 am to 10:45 am
- Monday evenings from 6:00 pm to 7:15 pm
- Pre-K & Kindergarten is limited to 10 kids per session, so register today!
Parent Educational Opportunities are offered each week while your child is in class!
How to register:
Click HERE to download the Registration Form.
Once you have filled out the form, you can return it one of three ways:
Scan and email back to Michelle.Allain-Newton@portlanddiocese.org, OR
Mail to Prince of Peace at the address at the top of the Registration form, OR
Put in a clearly marked "Faith Formation" envelope and place in the collection basket at Mass.
The fee is $25 per child and can be made by check payable to Princeof Peace Parish or paid online HERE.
- First Reconciliation, Confirmation and First Communion Preparation is a two-year process. This usually begins in 1st grade but it is not uncommon to have older children begining their first year of Sacramental Preparation.
- Here at Prince of Peace, Confirmation and First Communion is celebrated in the fall of 3rd grade. Instruction continues through the end of that year.
- Click HERE for more information.